The society was established in the early 1970's specifically to promote the needs of social workers interested in psychodynamic approaches to treatment and the acceptance of clinical social workers in the practice of psychotherapy. Now providing leadership and training opportunities in the broad spectrum of psychotherapy techniques such as cognitive behavioral therapy, hypnosis and other theoretical techniques, NJSCSW is in the forefront of vital issues facing clinical social workers today.
NJSCSW offers networking opportunities to our members. The organization attempts to further the profession by offerring clinical education programs, support through legislative advocacy and guidance to our students and new graduates.
NJSCSW works to provide you with helpful information and opportunities to:
- Participate in Legislative initiatives
- Receive referrals through the online Clinical Social Work Directory
- Receive information about upcoming conferences with noted speakers
- Network with social work professionals who are leaders in the fields of clinical practice, healthcare policy, legislation, administration and organizing
- Become informed with related news and legislative activity
- Work with us to promote and further the profession of Clinical Social Work
When you join NJSCSW, you immediately become part of a powerful voice in both the Clinical Social Work profession and the political and legislative arenas of healthcare.
For information about licensing and other logistical issues pertinent to social work in New Jersey,
New Jersey State Board of Social Work Examiners
Click here for the New Jersey Social Work Regulations.